Re: [O] In org-mode 9 "Scheduled" and "Deadline" are no longer parsed if

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] In org-mode 9 "Scheduled" and "Deadline" are no longer parsed if they are not in the beginning
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 16:44:46 +0200

Hello,

Igor Katson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been using org-mode for years, and somewhere between version 8 and 9,
> a change happened, which I could not find in the changelogs.
>
> Here's how I often used to format TODO items which are scheduled:
>
> * TODO Item
> some-text
> some-more-text
>    SCHEDULED: <2018-06-19 Tue>
>
> In the newer versions of org, the SCHEDULED string is no longer parsed, and
> I don't see it in agenda, unless I reformat it like this:
>
> * TODO Item
>     SCHEDULED: <2018-06-19 Tue>
> some-text
> some-more-text
>
> This broke the habit that I was using for years and also broke my existing
> notes as I'm no longer able to see them in agenda. I wonder if this
> behavior can be changed to work like before.

No it cannot. SCHEDULED and DEADLINE must be in the line right below the
heading. M-x org-lint will help you finding problematic lines.

Not this is not really a change: most code in Org expected such lines to
be located right below the heading since day 1. The agenda was a bit
tolerant on that part. This is particularly important to make Org find
information quickly.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou