Re: [O] Babel Edit Code Whole Session Context

From: Kevin Foley
Subject: Re: [O] Babel Edit Code Whole Session Context
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 15:46:13 -0400

Hi Grant,

> I hear you and think I understand what you say. I also know it can be
> irritating when
> somebody answers a slightly different question question you asked. If
> you humor me,
> I'm about to do that.

No problem, I appreciate all discussion on the matter.

> I don't know how to do what you ask. However, I have something to do
> that I would be
> pretty happy.

> 1. Set the default headers args to noweb :tangle
> 2. Develop blocks normally, without Company.
> 3. When I am ready to work on the whole codebase with company, tangle
>     to a file.
> 4. Go to that file. Leverage Company and make changes. When you are
> done detangle.
> 5. Iterate

I'm thinking of trying to implement something similar.  My solution would be to place all code from blocks of the same session into the edit buffer and then narrow to only the section from the current code block.  Then all features should work seamlessly.  I'm not quite sure the best approach to do this but I'm going to start poking around in the source code to see if it's feasible.

If anyone has a solution that's already available or any feedback on my proposed approach I'd greatly appreciate it.

--
Thanks,
Kevin Foley