Re: [O] including the | character in a table

From: Kevin Foley
Subject: Re: [O] including the | character in a table
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:43:31 -0400

You can use \vert to insert pipes in exported tables.

Kevin

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 6:21 AM Michel Schinz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, at 11:22, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> I'm writing a cheat sheet for a programming language, and I'm having
> trouble with operators that use |. For instance:
>
> | match expr with   | pattern matching |
> | | pattern -> expr | action           |
>
> How can I escape the |? I tried putting a \ before but it does not work.

I've used macros in the past for such a case. Quite heavyweight, but I didn't find anything better. Here is an example (which you could augment if you wanted to export to LaTeX too):

#+MACRO: I @@html:&#124;@@

| match expr with        | pattern matching |
| {{{I}}}pattern -> expr | action           |

Michel.