Re: [O] Latex preview foreground color problem

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: [O] Latex preview foreground color problem
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 09:07:58 +0300

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday, 30 Jul 2018 at 12:43, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
>> In my emacs config file I now have:
>>
>> (plist-put org-format-latex-options :foreground "white")
>> (plist-put org-format-latex-options :scale 2)
>
> This works for me but in the context that I also change the background
> to black (which does not necessarily match my Emacs background...).  Try
> that just to see?  It may be a LaTeX issue.

This seems to be a compatibility issue with the forest package in
Latex. The problem is demonstrated and explained in the org file
below. I don't know yet what the solution is.

Jarmo

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{forest}

* \LaTeX{} fragments: package ~forest~ confuses foreground color setting
  Interestingly enough, the foreground color set by
  #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
  (plist-put org-format-latex-options :foreground "White")
  #+END_SRC
  does /not/ change the foreground color in this simple invariant
  equation \[ ab^n = ab\cdot b^{n-1} \] if ~usepackage{forest}~ is
  included in \LaTeX{} header. When package ~forest~ is not used,
  setting the color works just fine.

  To make things a bit more complicated, after commenting or
  uncommenting the ~LATEX_HEADER~ line, you need to remove the
  contents of directory ~ltximg~ in the working directory to see the
  difference, because the system caches the generated images of the
  equations there.