Re: [O] Org src blocks and multiline macros

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Org src blocks and multiline macros
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 07:24:21 -0400

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018, 2:34 AM Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> wrote:

Greetings.

I am once again facing a situation where I would like to define a multiline org macro.

I'm not sure what that means, but based on your example a different solution might work for you.

2. If not, could we have this feature? This would give us immediate
   multiline macros in the following style, where referring to the value
   of the variable could be done macro-style.

#+HEADER: :var val1=foo
#+BEGIN_SRC org :var val2=" bar"
  Currently this gives me nothing but {{{val1}}}{{{val2}}}.

Org macros don't get evaluated inside src blocks as far as I know. But Noweb might help you. Look for this feature in Org manual. I use Noweb as "macros for src blocks".
--

Kaushal Modi