[O] newbie which LaTeX for PDF publish

From: adam
Subject: [O] newbie which LaTeX for PDF publish
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 22:12:39 +1200

Am on Ubuntu 16.04, org-version is 8.2.10

Export to PDF C-c C-e l o  is working.
However I wish finer grain LaTeX control.

For Export to PDF to work, I needed  pdftex

So I followed one suggestion and installed
sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-extra

However Tex's tlmgr reports errors and doesn't work. Tex users suggest
a version incompatibility between that tlmgr and this Tex package.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Perhaps I should un-install texlive-latex-extra  and install a more fully blown
LaTex
package. In which case, which one?