Re: [O] OK again, was: Re: Bug: git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/o

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: [O] OK again, was: Re: Bug: git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git fails with fatal: unable to access 'https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none [9.1.7 (release_9.1.7-523-g594b2d @ /home/brentg/emacs_lisp_imported/org-mode/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 11:59:30 -0400

Hi Robert,

> It seems the certificate for the web site expired.  I managed to renew
> the certificate, so everything should work again as expected.
>
> The automatic renewal of certificates doesn't work at the moment, so we
> might encounter the issue again in a couple of months.
>
> I'll try to find a solution in the meantime.

Out of curiosity, what client is used for obtaining the LE certs?
Many of the clients offer a specific option for a "cron mode" or
could be used fairly painlessly in a cron job to periodically
check and renew the certs if necessary.

I'd be happy to try and help out with automating the renewal.

Best,

--
Amin Bandali      |  GNU webmaster  | Grad student, UWaterloo
https://aminb.org | https://gnu.org |    https://aminb.org/uw