Re: [O] org-latex-export: Name sections by CUSTOM_ID (rather than %s)?

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] org-latex-export: Name sections by CUSTOM_ID (rather than %s)?
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 10:31:16 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 21:30:19 -0500
Florian Hollerweger <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> When exporting an .org file to LaTeX, is it possible to name the
> sections in the exported .tex file *not* according to the
> corresponding headlines in the .org file, but instead according to
> the respective sections' CUSTOM_ID ?
>
> For example, there might be an equivalent to the %s operator (which
> is replaced by the headline string; see
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html), only
> for the section's CUSTOM_ID?
>
> To clarify, I'd like the .org code
>
> * My section
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: foo
> :END:
>
> to result in the following .tex code when exported via C-c C-e C-b l
> L:
>
> \section{foo}
> \label{sec:orga20100d}
>
> and *not* in the following (which is the default behavior):
>
> \section{My section}
> \label{sec:orga20100d}
>
> For the record, I have also posted this question to StackExchange
> (https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/44497) and would be more
> than happy to provide credit for an answer there.
>
> Best wishes,
> Florian

You could write a derived exporter (from ox-latex) and replace
the org-latex-headline function.

Otherwise, mechanically replace headlines with their custom-ids before
exporting...

BTW, the “%s” is not an operator, but a format specifier Emacs uses for
strings.  See “man 3 printf” under “Conversion Specifier” on Linux.

Best regards
Robert