[O] Custom checkboxes when exporting to beamer/latex

From: Adrian Bradd
Subject: [O] Custom checkboxes when exporting to beamer/latex
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 23:30:30 -0400

Hello,

I wanted to replace the cross with a tick (or any arbitrary symbol) in beamer/latex exports.

I took a look at `org-latex-item' which uses the :checkbox property to transcode between org and latex/beamer. Looks like I could change the :checkbox property to enable a custom checkbox, but this may break other backends.

As an alternative, redefining \boxtimes works as shown below:

#+begin_src org
#+TITLE: MWE
#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
#+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_act(Act) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_opt(Opt)
#+BEAMER_THEME: default
#+BEAMER_COLOR_THEME:
#+BEAMER_FONT_THEME:
#+BEAMER_INNER_THEME:
#+BEAMER_OUTER_THEME:
#+BEAMER_HEADER: \renewcommand{\boxtimes}{\makebox[0pt][l]{\hspace{0.1em}\checkmark}$\square$}%

* Sample heading

- [X] Completed
- [ ] Trans
- [ ] #+end_src

This isn't optimal as the original \boxtimes is now unavailable.

Suggestions welcome.

--
Adrian Bradd