Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a f

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a file AND include the file
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 16:54:53 +0200

Hello,

ST <address@hidden> writes:

> What do you mean by "inlined"?

Roughly, I mean "located within a paragraph".

> During an export such a link
> [[[dir/file]]] should be replaced with the content of the "file", and
> the link itself disappear. But in the source .org file it is just
> shorter/cleaner way to write
>
> #+INCLUDE: "dir/file"

This is different. It is easier to insert text at column 0 than at
a random position in a line. You cannot do the latter in Org.

> and be able to click the link to open the file in a separate buffer.

This is already possible.

> Why shouldn't it be possible to achieve just the same by ALSO clicking
> on the URI? If you use .org files as a wiki - this feature is quite
> useful.

Why do you need something else if there is already a way to do what you
want? I'm not a big fan of extending syntax gratuitously.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738