Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a f

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a file AND include the file
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:02:51 +0200

ST <address@hidden> writes:

> Aaa... I see. Actually I don't need it to be in the middle, only at
> column 0.

Then the link syntax is not adequate. What would you do if the triple
bracket horror is on the middle of the line?

> Starting with which version of Org? I have 8.2.10 and it doesn't seem to
> work there...

Not out of the box, but you can probably add a mouse event on INCLUDE
keywords. And there's a function to visit the file already.

>> Why do you need something else if there is already a way to do what you
>> want? I'm not a big fan of extending syntax gratuitously.
>
> Well, triple square brackets is shorter and cleaner for wiki purposes...
> I don't mind it to be able to include files only at column 0, it's
> totally OK.

As I said, link syntax is inadequate here. I still think what Org
provides is enough.