Re: [O] [patch] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks (was:

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks (was: Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 21:43:07 +0200

Benjamin Motz writes:

> It seems that the function `org-babel-execute:latex' ignores the
> property :headers under certain circumstances. Therefore the line
> "\usepackage{tikz}" will be missing in your resulting latex document.
>
> The property is not ignored if you also append the property
> ":imagemagick t" to the #+header line. So you can use the following
> header as a fix (for another fix, see below):
>
> #+header: :file "tikzpic.png" :fit yes :results raw file :exports results
> :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}") :imagemagick t

Thank you. When I try this workaround, I run into another issue, which
may be local to my setup. When I add the :imagemagick header, Org tries
to generate a PDF.  This gives me a message that the file wasn't
produced, but in fact a PDF with the correct image is produced --
however, it has a temporary file name, not the one I assigned to
it. (The same problem occurs if I try to create file output from this or
any other Babel latex block with a .pdf extension instead of .png.) It
looks like Org for some reason fails to take a last step in the
latex-to-PDF export -- changing the file name and cleaning up temporary
files. Probably as a result of this failure, no PNG is created.

I have also tried to apply your patch, without effect. Maybe I did it
wrong, but it increasingly looks like I have some weird problem with my
setup in addition to the issue you uncovered.

Yours,
Christian Moe