[O] An Org-based productivity tool

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] An Org-based productivity tool
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 18:15:53 +0200

Hi Orgers,

I am making an Org-mode-based tool to help boost my productivity.

I am constantly fighting a losing battle with distractions.  I figured
out that showing me how much time I spent goofing around would help me
stay on track (being a math geek and a gamer, my "let's break my
yesterday's score" and similar instincts kick in immediately, too).  So
far, I have these in my prototype:

- a notification (recurring every n seconds) that I'm not clocking
  anything,

- some stats about what I spent my time on and what my efficiency (i.e.,
  percentage of time I spent working from the point when I started
  counting to now) is,

- info about how much work I need to do in order to meet my set goal,
  and how much will it take if my efficiency remains constant,

- a warning when my efficiency is lower than a set value, and info about
  how much work I need to do to bump it up to that value.

Here's an example output (with some partially faked data):

39min of your workday (10%) has passed, and you have 5h 31min left.

work - 30min spent (12% of your goal of 4h and 75% of your workday so far)
       3h 30min remaining (4h 39min with your current efficiency of 75%).
       You need 9min of uninterrupted work to get back to 80% efficiency.

eating - 4min spent (10% of your workday so far)

bathroom - 2min spent (5% of your workday so far)

unclassified - 0min spent (0% of your workday so far)

Unclocked time so far: 3min.

My questions are:

- is anyone interested in something like this?

- are there any features you would like to have?  (I have some ideas,
  too.)

- does anyone have an idea of how to /name/ this project?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl