Re: [O] How to make agenda generation faster

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] How to make agenda generation faster
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:01:25 -0700

for cleaning logbook entries, i'd enjoy having an agenda view that
shows every entry that has state changes [above a minimum number of
them to keep it small], with the size of the logbook drawer in the
prefix or so next to the category, sorted by that size.

there would be a corresponding agenda batch command that would
archive, delete, or archive all except most recent for the marked
entries.

is it the number of headlines in a file or the total number in agenda files?

i think it's great to have org-ql.  lispy query is great.  although
mostly i just use text search, it would be more memorizable syntax for
tags type search [and custom sorts?].  is this a suitable start for
agenda-ng?  will it be cleaner and faster?

another speedup possibility might be to allow redoing the agenda with
a new sorting strategy without having to redo the scanning of agenda
files.

i agree not scanning unchanged buffers could really speed up the
agenda in principle. [it'd be great if emacs could parallelize across
smp cores in addition.  :]]

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.