Re: [O] exporting to latex and docx not honouring carriage returns to ta

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] exporting to latex and docx not honouring carriage returns to tabbing
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:06:10 +1100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018 at 08:31, Tim Cross wrote:
>
> [...]
[...]
> And I highly recommend the koma-script classes as opposed to the default
> LaTeX ones.  For Sharon, the scrreprt class may be what you want.

Yes, koma-script has been my default as well for some time now. I also
use the hitec style, which seems to go down well with the 'tech' crowd.

Around 80% of the time, people look at my documents and are blown away
because of how good they look (content, unfortunately, can vary
significantly!). The only time things become problematic is when a
decision is made to work on a document collaboratively and they want to
use 'track changes'. At this point, I try to convince them to just work
in plain text or org files and I take on the responsibility of
incorporating their changes. This works OK provided they are able to
just work with the org file (either as an org file or as just plain
text) and not get caught up in formatting etc, in which case I can
extract their changes with diff. However, too often, they just don't get
it or cannot resist and insist on changing the formatting without
changing the content, so diffs become less useful.

Tim

--
Tim Cross