Re: [O] Skipping the SUBTREE visibility state

From: Adrian Bradd
Subject: Re: [O] Skipping the SUBTREE visibility state
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:48:23 -0400

Hello,

Matthew Palermo <address@hidden> writes:

Thankyou for your reply. Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. When using org-cycle (TAB) I often only want to open an entry (headline) to its CHILDREN visibility state, look at the subheadings (sub-entry headlines), and then fold it back into its FOLDED state.

You can use C-c TAB (`org-ctrl-c-tab) to unfold CHILDREN of the current heading and then TAB to fold them again. Actually C-c TAB takes a numeric argument N that allows you to unfold to the Nth level of the subtree and TAB will still fold the entire subtree instead of further expanding.

I use this with org-datetree formatted buffers when I want to view headings from all days in a month.

Cheers,

--
Adrian Bradd