Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:08:58 +0200

On 2018-10-10, at 22:45, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> auto-clocking might be interesting.
>
> there would be a concept of a dominating clocking entry similar to
> dominating file.  i.e. if where you are is not a clocking entry, go up
> until you find one that is.  if you find none at top level, you create
> a clock entry in the logbook there.
>
> if you switch buffers or move around, you clock out and in where you
> were and are.  every few minutes, you try to clock in where you are,
> or the dominating clocking entry.  this is done with timers.  idle
> time might go to a special clocking entry.
>
> or something like that.  the idea is that you don't have to remember
> to clock in and out.

That's an interesting idea I thought about some time ago.

But I decided it's not worth it.  Very complicated and unreliable (I
might have two or more clocking tasks related to the same file, for
example).

It's better to train oneself to remember about clocking, I guess.

(And I have this notification nagging me if I'm not clocking anything
for 2 minutes or more.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski