Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 21:54:32 +0200

"Garreau, Alexandre" <address@hidden> writes:

> How’s that?

I think limiting the number of characters in the description is to be on
the safe side. 30 characters are usually enough to understand what the
mail is about.

> it just feels wrong: if it’s to long, users can truncate themselves,
> it’s straightforward, but finding again and adding the end, or finding
> the appropriate customization, isn’t.

> Also what’s the utility of it?

See above.

In any case, if other users feel strongly about changing the default
value, I don't mind. I hope you understand that one data point is not
enough, tho.

Regards,