Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [O] org-store/insert-link truncating the full subject of mails
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 12:43:02 +0200

Le 27/10/2018 à 11h27, Nicolas Goaziou a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Amin Bandali <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Can you please elaborate on what you mean by being on the safe
>> side in this context?  What problems could potentially arise from
>> returning the subject in full length?
>
> I don't know. This is why I agree it is safer to limit length to an
> arbitrary number instead of allowing any size.

Without justification, that’d look like “argument from ignorance”, so
unless a real reason is found, I believe it would be better to remove a
truncation that will very certainly in fact bother at least some users
(while there’s still 0 data point on how non-truncation might be
bothering, and that’s what being asked).