Re: [O] letterhead and signature in odt export

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] letterhead and signature in odt export
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 21:26:47 -0400

Hi again Chris!

OK, so I understand a little bit of this. I would like to keep all my letters in subheadings in a single org doc, and just export once. This version requires a fair amount of latex in every subtree. It would be nicer if the exporter just took care of the latex for me and I didn't have to look at it while I'm composing (I know that's not an issue for you, Chris).

Is my best option to create an export-derived-backend based on latex (I see that's what John K has done in scimax)? Or is the preferred method to create a new latex class (whatever that is -- really I have no idea) and  add the header and closing lines to that?

Also... where should I go to learn more about latex (I have beengoogling, I've found some places, am wondering what the *best* place is)? It appears I am approaching adulthood and am ready to learn how to use it, after years of resisting :-/