[O] Org --> Canvas LMS

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] Org --> Canvas LMS
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 15:23:44 -0500

So, this really isn't ready for anyone else to use yet, but I've spent the last day or so exploring the API for the Canvas Learning Management System and adapting my grading system to interact with it. My results are rough and I think a little buggy (I'm worried about timeouts and how to manage them), but still promising.

My University just adopted Canvas in September and while I don't like to use the interface, it has a pretty robust API and the prospects for usability are actually pretty good. I have been grading in org-mode for the last couple of years but my system was always wonky; I've cleaned the code up a tiny bit (still polluting with (message) calls all over the place), and it seems a bit more stable.   Not sure if anyone else is tied in to Canvas, but if it might be useful my work is in this git branch here:

https://github.com/titaniumbones/Org-Marking-Mode/tree/use-structured-course-def

Let me know if you have a chance to give it a try.

Thanks,
Matt