[O] Writing Exporter Tests [was: slack syntax exporter/copier]

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] Writing Exporter Tests [was: slack syntax exporter/copier]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 21:36:51 -0500

OK, I have a minimal working example and would like to add some unit tests to this project, largely as a way to learn more about testing in emacs/org so that I can start writing tests for some other projects.

However... I don't really understand how to build tests in org (and in fact I don't really understand ert much at all). Looks like the worg page is largely a stub. Does anyone have any hints for getting started? Like, should i be able to use ~testing/test-ox.el~ to test my exporter?

I would like to start doing a better job of developing in elisp, but I am having trouble getting started on my own, so, once again, I appreciate any help you cna give!

Thanks,
Matt

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 9:02 PM Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:29 PM Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:
Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> A while ago I asked about a slack syntax exporter.  I cpy text from org to
> slack often enough that I spent an hour or two today writing a simple one,
> which I put up in a  gist:
> https://gist.github.com/titaniumbones/c0c171e4df8a6ff5f0f564b8a655c079

Nice, thank you!

> If people are interested, I will be happy to package it up & put on melpa
> or whatever (would be the first time for me).

Yes, I think it's quite likely that I would use this sometimes, so I'd
love if it was conveniently available.

I don't know how to add something to Melpa so that might be a while, I think I'm running out of personal time :-)

Best wishes,
   Neil