Re: [O] Footnotes in the manual (hidden option?)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Footnotes in the manual (hidden option?)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:44:00 +0100

Hello,

ST <address@hidden> writes:

> (a) May I propose the [^1] as an alternative footnotes syntax as a new
> feature?

I sympathize with your concern, and [^1] may not have been a bad choice
when footnotes were introduced, but that ship has sailed long ago.

There is enough footnote syntax in Org nowadays. I'd rather keep it that
way.

> (b) How can I define such syntax by my own as a footnote?

You may have to tweak some libraries, e.g., org-footnote.el and
org-element.el, but you're on your own here.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou