Re: [O] Bug: org export table.el [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr

From: Ulrich G. Wortmann
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org export table.el [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:21:17 -0500

Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense if the latex code in the tabular environment is generated by table.el. I wonder however why the export to ASCII produces a caption.

Cheers

Uli

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 at 04:37 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

"Ulrich G. Wortmann" <address@hidden> writes:

> the following problem occurs reproducibly with  GNU Emacs 26.1 (see below
> for details), even when starting emacs with -Q
>
> If I use a table in my org file and convert that table to table.el the
> caption is not exported into either the HTML or Latex File. Export to ASCII
> works as expected. If I convert the table back to org-table format, the
> Latex and HTML export of the caption work as expected. As a side note, any
> other #+ expressions (e.g., Latex-Attr, Labels etc) won't be exported
> either if the table is in table.el format
>
> Expected behavior: #+CAPTION:  is being exported regardless what table
> format has been selected.
>
> #+CAPTION: Test caption on top of table.el
> +---+---+---+
>
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> +---+---+---+
> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
> +---+---+---+
> | 6 | 7 | 8 |
> +---+---+---+

Export of table.el tables is not handled by Org, but by "table.el"
library. In other words, Org keywords are expected to work only on Org
tables.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou
--

Ulrich Wortmann 416 978 7084

Associate Chair Undergraduate Affairs

Department of Earth Sciences

University of Toronto
22 Russel St., Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 3B1