Re: [O] loss of text properties in org-export--generate-copy-script

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] loss of text properties in org-export--generate-copy-script
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 18:14:25 -0500

ok. I thought there might be a reason. I guess something like a read-only property could be a problem if anything tries to change those. Are there other properties you know of that could be problematic? maybe before/after change properties? I think there are inhibit-* variables to avoid issues with those if they become a problem.

I am still baffled on why the unusual workaround with message-box makes it work though.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> In the function org-export--generate-copy-script, the buffer contents are
> copied over with buffer-substring-no-properties, so it appears that all
> text properties are lost in the temporary copy.
>
> I wondered why that is done?

I feel more comfortable when I can assume no text property will get in
the way.

I turned `buffer-substring-no-properties' into `buffer-string' in
"master".

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou