Re: [O] Bug: Add option to fontify latex blocks [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Add option to fontify latex blocks [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26/share/emacs/26.1.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:38:39 -0300

Well, now I do have found a bug ;). It's related to the limit issue I
mentioned before. Indeed the problem with rehighlighting broken
environments and highlighting new environments also happens for basic
latex fontification when org-highlight-latex-and-related is set to
'(latex), it has nothing to do with my modification in order to call
org-src-font-lock-fontify-block. It seems that once you break the
multiline structure (for example, by putting a space between "be" and
"gin") org mode syntax highlighter is unable to identify it again once
recomposed. More generally, it's unable to identify environments
entered after the initial loading of the file into the buffer, being
them slight "repairments" of previously existing ones or just brand
new environments. Of course, systematically ignoring the search bound
is not the right solution. I think some kind of region extension
function is missing here.