Re: [O] In LaTeX export, can I control what heading type a headline goes

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] In LaTeX export, can I control what heading type a headline goes to?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:56:29 +0100

Hi Bill,
On 2018-11-28 at 20:42 +0100, William Denton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a way, exporting as a book, to make Org skip "part" and make
> a top-level Org headline turn into a chapter? Is there a built-in way,
> or do I need to make my own class in org-latex-classes that has the
> structure I want?

What about customizing org-latex-classes?

It contains:

 ("book" "\\documentclass[11pt]{book}"
  ("\\part{%s}" . "\\part*{%s}")
  ("\\chapter{%s}" . "\\chapter*{%s}")
  ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
  ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
  ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")))

Seems like modifying that could provide the behavior you're looking for.

  -k.