Re: [O] In LaTeX export, can I control what heading type a headline goes

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] In LaTeX export, can I control what heading type a headline goes to?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 09:55:25 +0100

Hi Bill,

William Denton <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way, exporting as a book, to make Org skip "part" and make a
> top-level Org headline turn into a chapter?  Is there a built-in way, or do I
> need to make my own class in org-latex-classes that has the structure I want?

Another simple solution that doesn't require changing the default
configuration is: just don't use top level headlines in your document!
I don't think Org will care if your highest-level headlines start with "**".

That may or may not work for your particular situation, but it seems
like a good option to keep in mind!

--
Best,
Richard