Re: [O] Possible bug in org-mode (MELPA version as of 1018-11-25) : #+la

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug in org-mode (MELPA version as of 1018-11-25) : #+language: is not (fully) honored.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:07:02 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> AFAICT, polyglossia is to be preferred to babel for use with xelatex or
> lualatex. I'll see if this can be accomodated.

What I mean is that you can also add compiler dependant packages in
`org-latex-packages-alist'. No need to change the default package list.

>> it should be ("AUTO" "babel" t).
>
> OK. That's much clearer. And does what is intended, BTW.
>
> Shouldn't that be default ?(No, I don't (yet) know *how* to do that..).

Babel is no small package. I think it would be a bit invasive as
a default package. However, it is a good candidate for user-defined
packages, i.e., `org-latex-packages-alist'.

> Thus introducing a serious problem : exporting to text or ODT works as
> described, whereas export to latex needs (undocumented) supplementary
> steps.
>
> At the very minimum, this need for further config should be mentioned
> in the docs ; preferably, a default should be proposed.

See above about the default. However, please feel free to suggest
documentation improvements, however.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou