Re: [O] org-envolve.el

From: David Arroyo Menendez
Subject: Re: [O] org-envolve.el
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 11:16:44 -0500

> Hello,
>
> David Arroyo Menendez <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've implemented a new file to contrib/lisp.
>
> Is there any reason to favor contrib/lisp instead of some ELPA? I'm
> asking this because I'd like to reduce the number of packages in
> contrib/.
>
>> It's called org-envolve.el,
>> this file implements functions to help to format in org-mode from
>> ASCII. For instance, you have a bash source that you are copying in your
>> buffer, later you can call org-envolve-tags to add #+BEGIN_SRC bash in
>> the beginning and #+END_SRC in the end. I use this feature all weeks in
>> the year.
>
> Why don't you use <C-c C-,>? It turns a region into a source block.
> Thus, it would be <C-x h C-c C-, s b a s h RET>

It doesn't run for me. What's the function that you are referring?

>> But the file provides functions to envolve numbered list, or
>> check list.
>
> You can also turn a region into a list with <C-c ->.

org-toggle-item: It needs a kiss principle. Only turns normal lines to
items and items to normal lines in another way it's better don't make
anything.

org-ctrl-c-minus, org-ctrl-c-star: It's a not descriptive name of
function.

--
https://cienciabasura.wordpress.com/
http://libremanuals.net/