Re: [O] ODT export --> opening in Okular?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export --> opening in Okular?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:45:35 +0800

---- On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 07:25:13 +0800 briangpowell <address@hidden> wrote
----
> * Suggest you try changing this:
>
>  ("\\.odt\\'" . "libreoffice6.0 %s"))))
> * To this instead:
>
>  ("\\.odt\\'" . "libreoffice %s"))))
> --since "libreoffice6.0" is a specific link that is subject to change--not
> only by you but by your chosen operating system package manager

Nope.

$ libreoffice --help
The program 'libreoffice' is currently not installed.

(I installed libreoffice by downloading from their website, not using Ubuntu
packages -- because I had some issues with it a while back and the advice from
their user community is always, don't use system-bundled packages because they
are out of date.)

In any case, it doesn't make a difference: org still insists on issuing the
command for okular.

I also tried the full path to the binary /usr/bin/libreoffice6.0 -- still
exports to Okular.

As a final test, I deleted both the PDF and ODT entries from org-file-apps --
so that there is absolutely no reference in any org code file or variable to
okular -- and it is *still* opening the exported ODT in okular! Which strikes
me as insane.

org-open-file seems to be a rather complex function. I can't make heads or
tails of it. If I had to guess, I would suppose that it has some fallback
position that doesn't depend on org configuration variables.

Anyway, the solution for now, as I'm under some time pressure, is to declare
that ODT export is broken on my system until I can scrape together some time to
upgrade org. PDF export is actually OK for now (and working fine).

hjh