Re: [O] Bug: Special property ITEM without stars [9.1.14]

From: Allen Li
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Special property ITEM without stars [9.1.14]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:58:04 -0800

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 6:36 AM Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> In my custom agenda view for Projects I set
>     (org-tags-match-list-sublevels 'indented)

Good to know, although I see that setting
org-tags-match-list-sublevels to anything other than t is
semi-obsolete.

However, we are talking mostly about how the columns view in the
agenda works, not the agenda itself.

It is odd from a user standpoint that the agenda view deliberately
hides the hierarchy, while the column view adds the hierarchy back in.

Perhaps the stars should only be shown if
org-tags-match-list-sublevels is set to indented, so that the agenda
view matches
the column view with respect to showing hierarchy?  I personally stand
by Org mode's default stance that there's no point in
 showing hierarchy in agenda view.  Some people like Bernt have
workflows that do use hierarchy in agenda view, and that's fine.
But let us be consistent about it.