Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 18:54:47 +0100

>>> "Ken" == Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

   > On 2018-12-15 at 09:38 -0800, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> I am very used to the beamer style and it works on my machine quite
   >> well.

   > But it doesn't work quiet well according to this email. What
   > changed? Are you on a new machine? Is LaTeX installed?

I don't understand. When I create (using emacs and auctex) a beamer
document I can compile it without problem.

What does not work is exporting the example org file to a working latex
(beamer) file.

It seems that I have to set up, manually (sigh!)

Org-latex-classes. That is quite annoying I thought the beamer class
would be included.

   >> Now I took the example
   >> https://orgmode.org/manual/A-Beamer-example.html#A-Beamer-example
   >>
   >> And wanted to export it to beamer but obtained the message
   >> user-error: Unknown LaTeX class ‘beamer’
   >>
   >> Which leaves me puzzled.

   > I'm using Org -> Beamer. I don't know it well, but on my system I do not
have

   > #+LATEX_CLASS: beamer

   > I do have

   > #+STARTUP: beamer

   > However, the example you linked to works fine with for me with either of
those settings.

I will try that
   >   -k.

Uwe