Re: [O] Org Mode - Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Org Mode - Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 05:02:18 +0000

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> Sorry my website on org-mode is stale and I don't currently have time to
> update it.  I stopped updating it in 2015 after changing jobs and moving
> to the windows platform (at work).  My main issue is lack of free time
> to spend on this project.
>
> The downloadable org file is actually the result of publishing the org
> source from my very out-of-date Linux workstation.  The original org
> file (all versions) is available in the git repository.
>
> I'd be happy to answer any questions you have related to the site or my
> current use of org-mode.  I still work in a similar way described on
> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html but my agenda and some workflows have
> evolved a bit from what is described in the document.
>
> Regards,
> Bernt

Thank you for replying.  I'll just ask a few questions and maybe expand
upon them later.

1. Are you still working with Emacs/Org from 2015 or have you updated
(but not updated your paper)?

2. If you've updated to Org v9+, did you find significant changes from
what you documented in your paper?  In other words, will running your
paper through tangle and trying to use the results with latest Emacs and
Org be likely to work?  Particularly agendas...

3. Can you suggest a more detailed manual on the setup and use of
Agendas?  The agenda manual with Org is not really clear to me.

--
David