Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] cannot export to beamer.
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:20:27 -0500

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > On 2018-12-15 at 09:38 -0800, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>    >> I am very used to the beamer style and it works on my machine quite
>    >> well.
>
>    > But it doesn't work quiet well according to this email. What
>    > changed? Are you on a new machine? Is LaTeX installed?
>
> I don't understand. When I create (using emacs and auctex) a beamer
> document I can compile it without problem.
>
> What does not work is exporting the example org file to a working latex
> (beamer) file.
>
> It seems that I have to set up, manually (sigh!)
>
> Org-latex-classes. That is quite annoying I thought the beamer class
> would be included.

I think Ken was pointing out that export to beamer is a different operation
than exporting to latex: you use C-c l l (e.g.) for the latter, but C-c l b
for the former. Maybe that's where you get hung up?

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler