[O] Possible bug(s) in MathML handling in ODT export

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: [O] Possible bug(s) in MathML handling in ODT export
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:24:27 +0100

Dear list,

I have a couple of gripes about LaTeX handling in ODT export when one
needs MathML conversion, and therefore a couple of questions:

The first one is possibly a gripe with the ox-pandoc exporters. The doc
(info manual) states :

"Add this line to the Org file. This option is activated on a per-file
basis.

It seems that this option is *NOT* handled by the ox-pandoc exporters :
when using one of these, the text "LaTeX:t" appears at the top of the
output.

Hence my first question : what should be responsible  for handling this
option : org mode or ox-pandoc ?

The second one is that I can't get org to acknowledge the configuration
of org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command. A bit of peeking int the source
leads to this function, responsible for testing it :
(defun org-format-latex-mathml-available-p ()
  "Return t if `org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command' is usable."
  (save-match-data
    (when (and (boundp 'org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command)
               org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command)
      (let ((executable (car (split-string
                              org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command))))
        (when (executable-find executable)
          (if (string-match
               "%j" org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command)
              (file-readable-p org-latex-to-mathml-jar-file)
            t))))))

As written, I can't see how one can use latexmlmath WITHOUT having ALSO
the MathToWeb jar file somewhere : the test for it is systematic ;
therefore, it fails if the jarfile isn't configured/available.

The value of executable should be tested, and the test for the jarfile
should be done *only* if executable is "java" (or, better, belongs to a
list of "reasonable" java executables or scripts...).

So my second question is : what do you think ?

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier