[O] default value for org-capture-templates

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: [O] default value for org-capture-templates
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:17:19 -0500

Hi,

A question came up on StackOverflow asking about how to use the default capture
template (`Task`) in combination with user-defined templates:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/46794/where-is-default-org-mode-capture-template-for-tasks-located

The default Task template is actually stored in the function
`org-capture-select-template`. This is a bit surprising, and requires the user
to manually transfer it to the the variable `org-capture-templates` if they
want to keep it as one of their options.

Is there a reason not to set this built-in `Task` template as the default value
of `org-capture-templates`? That would provide the user with a transparent way
of keeping it as an option, modifying it, or removing it, as they prefer,
through the usual customize interface.

I can put together a patch to do this if I haven't overlooked a problem this
would create.

Best,

Tyler

--