[O] Org mode at 34C3: my demo + request for help

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Org mode at 34C3: my demo + request for help
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 00:05:25 +0100

Hi!

It's my first time at a CCC Congress[1].

There is an Emacs assembly: [2] by https://chaos.social/@Drops

Since there was no Emacs talk at all and almost nothing going on on
the Emacs assembly, I decided to do a basic Org mode demo to explain
the universe of advantages to non-Emacs users: [3]

This is no offiziel 35C3 talk and no recording. It's a
self-organized event which is made possible by the assembly called
Komona.

In my opinion, almost everybody who is on the 35C3 should be able to
profit from it on a daily basis and almost nobody has a clue what
she/he is missing out.

Unfortunately, I got a bit sick today. It would be very cool if
somebody could help me (a) with doing some advertisement in order to
reach as many Org newbies or even Emacs-sceptics as possible and (b)
with some simple statistics:

My assumption is that the size of the Org mode community is
comparable or even(?) larger than the GNU Emacs community.
Therefore, can somebody do a quick statistics on the number of
unique posters (email addresses) per reasonable time-frame
(November?) from a (the?) GNU Emacs mailing list and from this
mailing list?

If this supports my assumption, it would emphasise my argument, that
Org mode is not just about editing[4] in order to address vim-users
like myself.

Thanks for your support!

PS: Besides my blog post [3] I already did promote the event on
Mastodon[5][6] and Twitter[7] and printed some A4 posters which I
mounted on nice places.

[1] https://karl-voit.at/2018/12/28/35c3-day1/
[2] https://signup.c3assemblies.de/assembly/56152a8a-d1c8-4b96-8a26-cf5f05ab8ee6
[3] https://karl-voit.at/2018/12/28/35C3-orgmode-demo-announcement/
[4] https://karl-voit.at/2015/10/23/Emacs-is-not-just-an-editor
[5] https://mastodon.social/@publicvoit/101319442456868601
[6] https://mastodon.social/@publicvoit/101319450781745345
[7] https://twitter.com/novoid

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/