Re: [O] org-ref exports nicely to html but not to odt

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref exports nicely to html but not to odt
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 15:50:24 -0500

It is identical to the html output, it just that odt doesn't render the html tags. You can just customize that variable to get rid of the html markers, and then it will look better. I don't know how to get bold/italics in odt though.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:43 PM Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> "John" == John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

   > Export to backends other than LaTeX have pretty limited support.
   > I assume by a lot of rubbish you mean there is a lot of html markers in
   > the bibliography.

Right.

   > You can customize how these are formatted to some extent in the
   > variable: org-ref-bibliography-entry-format

   > This is not a citation preprocessor though, so it will not do things
   > like numbered references, or handle markup in the bibtex entries.

I would be happy if the odt output were similar or identical to the
html output.

   > You might check out https://github.com/andras-simonyi/citeproc-org, it
   > might have more capability along those lines.

Thanks