Re: [O] org-open-at-point calls visit-tags-table ?!? org-ctags module bu

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] org-open-at-point calls visit-tags-table ?!? org-ctags module bug?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 19:31:19 +0000

"Berry, Charles" <address@hidden> writes:

>> On Jan 18, 2019, at 9:01 PM, David Masterson <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I have various Org files with internal hyperlinks of the form
>>> [[#mylink][My Link]] that should point to a header with the appropriate
>>> CUSTOM_ID property that I've setup.  For some reason that I can't figure
>>> out, when I call org-open-at-point (C-c C-o) on the link, it tries to
>>> open a tags table (visit-tags-table) which is not what I expected.  Does
>>> anyone know why?  I'm suspicious that I have a conflicting MELPA package
>>> for Org of some sort, but I don't know where to start to debug this.
>>> What's the safest way of turning off the packages in .emacs.d/elpa?  Can
>>> I just move the elpa directory for testing purposes and then move it
>>> back later?
>>
>> After some testing, I find that the problem is when I turn on the
>> org-ctags module in the Org customization, but I'm not sure what to do
>> about it.
>
> Customize  `org-ctags-open-link-functions' ?
>

> Have a look at the commentary in `org-ctags.el'. There are some
> options for you.

Hmm.  Interesting. I was wondering where that was.  There should be a
little more information about the modules in the Org customization to
give more clues on where to look for documentation on the modules.

>>  Is this a bug or a documentation problem?
>
> Not sure if it is fair to call this a bug, although being aware of
> `[[#' seems a reasonable expectation.

Yes, it does seem that activating this module takes over the definition
of what a "link" is to be "<<link>>" and that's unexpected.  Perhaps
I'll email Paul Sexton about this.

Thanks
--
David