Re: [O] Preparing a cost estimate with Org

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Preparing a cost estimate with Org
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 08:41:51 -0800

Hi Lele,

On 2019-01-24 at 07:59 -0800, Lele Gaifax <address@hidden>
wrote...
> The only problem with this approach is that it requires a manual
> intervention to build the "cost estimate" table: first I recompute the
> "efforts" one with C-c C-c, then I copy its body to the other table,
> delete the third column and eventually do a C-c C-c on its TBLFM to
> recompute the costs.

You could perhaps do this with code, so it is only one C-c C-c? Alternatively,
is OrgAggregate useful? https://github.com/tbanel/orgaggregate

> Is there a more efficient/automatic way to achieve a similar result? I
> mean, is there a way to
>
> b) filter out entries with a particular tag/property, so that I can
> keep the original estimate

Here is a hack to filter clock entries by tag:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode//2009-09/msg00205.html

Finally, the Clock Table documentation
https://orgmode.org/manual/The-clock-table.html mentions ‘:match’ with link to
https://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html#Matching-tags-and-properties
 which lets you do negative matches in one of their examples. Can you include
only relevant tags, or exclude the tags you want to exclude using that syntax?

  -k.