Re: [O] Making an agenda that includes scheduled-for-later tasks?

From: Leo Gaspard
Subject: Re: [O] Making an agenda that includes scheduled-for-later tasks?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 01:57:16 +0100

Stig Brautaset <address@hidden> writes:
> Does changing your "E" entry to this help at all?
>
> ,----
> |     ("E" "Effortless tasks"
> |      todo '("TODO" "WAITING")
> |      ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Effortless tasks")
> |       (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp
> ":Effort:" 'todo '("APPT")))
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled nil)
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines nil)
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp nil)))))
> `----

Thank you, it worked great! I wonder whether the documentation of
=org-agenda-custom-commands= could be expanded around the =settings=
parameter, so as to make it easier to find this solution by oneself? I
don't know myself the list of settings that could go there, though, so
couldn't really write it myself unfortunately :/

> By the way, the documentation for the `org-agenda-custom-commands'
> variable says that the third entry should be "a single keyword for TODO
> keyword searches", so the '("TODO" "WAITING") you have may be partly why
> things are not working how you expect? You may want to try a compound
> one like this:

> ,----
> |     ("E" "Effortless tasks"
> |      ((todo "TODO")
> |       (todo "WAITING"))
> |      ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Effortless tasks")
> |       (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp
> ":Effort:" 'todo '("APPT")))
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled nil)
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines nil)
> |       (org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp nil)))))
> `----

This works, however it splits the =TODO= and =WAITING= tasks in two
different sections in the display. I think Nick's solution is a bit
closer to what I tried to do here, as it mixes the two keywords in one.

Thank you!
  Leo