Re: [O] Org without Emacs?

From: nly
Subject: Re: [O] Org without Emacs?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 01:33:33 +0000

btw, you can run emacs on android, and use org from there.

You can install termux from fdroid
and then, at a termux shell, enter:
$ pkg install emacs

I use emacs for org and matrix because matrix clients on android are not as nice.

Cheers,
Amar <address@hidden>

On January 29, 2019 3:46:43 PM UTC, Scott Randby <address@hidden> wrote:
On 1/28/19 11:42 PM, Tim Cross wrote:
Of course, this says nothing about the ethical position associated with re-implementing functionality from a GPL'd sysem under a non-free license. We can hope people do the right thing, but have no control to enforce it. I also doubt it will cause any fracture in the org user community - the bottom line is most of use came to org because of Emacs. These other systems don't have Emacs and therefore are really only a pale imitation.

I'm one of those who came to Emacs because of Org. I read an article in some magazine (Linux Journal?) about Org and knew I had to try it out. Once I was into using Org, Emacs took over more and more of my computing life. People who use a non-free semi-implementation of Org may not even realize Emacs is the software that made Org possible and that Emacs is so great, and I think that is sad.

Scott