Re: [O] manual: stale bindings for org-clock-report and org-columns-inse

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] manual: stale bindings for org-clock-report and org-columns-insert-dblock
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:11:42 +0100

Hello,

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

> The first is that drop in clock reports now use :scope file by
> default, instead of :scope subtree.

Indeed. This is because clocktable default properties include :scope
property. I removed it. Thank you.

> The second is that the clock report function is set up in some weird
> way that it gets broken if you use icicles. Gonna look into it
> further, not sure whether org or icicles is the bad actor here. The
> behavior I'm seeing is as follows:
>
> The command spawns empty table with :scope file, asks for a file, when
> I select that file, it asks for a function and I have no idea which
> function should I choose here.

I don't use Icicles, but I cannot reproduce it. What are the exact steps
to do so?

> The third is the removal of C-c C-x C-r. I've read the discussion
> there, but it seems like nobody really wanted it removed, this is just
> a  consequence of refactoring. So, can we get C-c C-x C-r
> org-clock-report back, if only as a closure over
> org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock?

I don't see the need for that. You can, however, bind `C-c C-x C-r' to
`org-clock-report' in your config.

> Also, ever since that Stardiviner's commit the dynamic reloading of
> org seems to be broken on master. When I try to I get:
>
> Symbol’s function definition is void: org-dynamic-block-define

You seem to have a mixed installation. This function only exists in
development branch, i.e., Org 9.3, not ELPA.

> Another thing, since org is moving towards unifying dynamic blocks,
> maybe the next step is to add begin_src blocks into the mix in
> org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock? It seems that they historically have
> different syntax, but are in practice the same thing. That's actually
> one place where I could use a wizard.

My practice differs. I don't see them as the same thing. Their syntax is
vaguely related, but that's all.

Note you can insert source blocks with 'C-c C-,`

> And why the function is called org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock and not
> org-insert-dblock? Seems redundant to me.

Hysterical raisins, I assume.

> Also can someone explain how do I get from org elpa version to the git
> commit it's based on? E. g., in org-version.el I have
> "9.2.1-33-g029cf6-elpaplus" but g029cf6 does not seem like a real
> commit in the git repo.

Drop the "g". The relative commit is "029cf6".

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou