Re: [O] [ANN] Changes to link syntax

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Changes to link syntax
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:55:04 +0100

Hello,

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, @Nicolas, will you release a method to update all existing Org
> file links?

This is not limited to file links.

There is no method that can, with certainty, convert old syntax into the
new one. More accurately, it is possible to convert them with:

    (org-link-escape (org-link-decode URI))

but in some cases, it may be difficult to tell when the URI should be
decoded in the first place.

I suggest to first try the linter on a document. Once we know it detects
with a good ratio links to convert, we can write a wrapper to also
convert them.

> I don't know which special escaped characters need to be converted.

%20, %25, %5B and %5D.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou