Re: [O] [Feature request] Repeatable tasks workday

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature request] Repeatable tasks workday
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 08:25:29 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday,  8 Mar 2019 at 13:05, Emil Marklund wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Some[1][2][3] have been asking for a method to create repeatable tasks
>> that repeats on workdays (Monday to Friday). As far as I can tell, there
>> is no "native support" for this in org-mode.  It would be neat if one
>> could specify repeatable tasks with a simple syntax, such as "+1wd" for
>> defining deadlines on tasks that should be repeated for each workday.
>
> This is non-trivial, especially as the concept of a work day is not the
> same around the world.
>
> The easiest solution, which I use, is to have weekly repeated tasks for
> each "work day"; i.e. 5 different tasks, one for Monday, one for
> Tuesday, etc.

This is normally solved by creating custom calendars that define
workdays/holydays, and then call the functionality with a specific
calendar. Even within Germany e.g. the states have different holydays,
so an enterprise with plants in different states needs to create
different calenders.

--
cheers,
Thorsten