Re: [O] [Discuss] make :tangle header argument respect :dir could save i

From: stardiviner
Subject: Re: [O] [Discuss] make :tangle header argument respect :dir could save info typing
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:47:39 +0800

Sean O'Halpin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> =:dir= specifies the directory for code execution, i.e. when you hit =C-c
> C-c= what is the environment in which the code is run?

I know currently it specify directory for code execution. I'm saying whether
consider extend =:dir= semantic for tangling too.

Because the header arguments could becoming very long if I repeat the
sub-directory information in executing directory =:dir= and for =:tangle=. Like
this:

#+begin_src sh :mkdirp yes :dir "data/code/project-name-1" :tangle
"data/code/project-name-1/src/project-name/main/App.java"
#+end_src

You see, The "=data/code/project-name-1=" path part is duplicate. And the header
arguments is very long. Even though I can put header arguments in ~#+HEADERS:~
line of source block. But still duplicate info inputting, isn't it?

> =:mkdirp= forces creation of the directory for tangle output, i.e. when you
> =org-babel-tangle= where do you put the output source code?

=:mkdirp= already support for auto force create of directory =:dir= now.