Re: [O] ivy-bibtex and orgmode inserts ebib: link

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] ivy-bibtex and orgmode inserts ebib: link
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 11:10:23 +0000

On Friday, 22 Mar 2019 at 10:39, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have started using ivy-bibtex (wonderful package) but I have one
> strange behaviour: when I ask it to insert a citation, it inserts
> "ebib:XXXX".  I have searched but cannot see anywhere where I can tell
> ivy-bibtex to insert "cite:XXXX" instead.  Does anybody have any
> pointers?

Sigh.  As always, I find the answer *after* asking on the list.  I must
learn patience.

Anyway, the answer (in case anybody else wishes to know) is that this is
controlled by the variable ~bibtex-completion-format-citation-functions~
and which defaults to using ~bib-completion-format-citation-ebib~.  I am
not sure this is a reasonable default given that org does not understand
(out of the box) ebib: links.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-324-gd58827