[O] Make up headline from first part of a paragraph, when writing

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [O] Make up headline from first part of a paragraph, when writing
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 04:07:17 -0700

I am certain this is a silly thought, one of those I could spend enough hours on to complete several projects!

I just realized that my process for making up headlines gets clumsy when I'm actually trying to write a narrative.

A related "problem" or issue is the need to extract headlines from a several page essay when rewriting or reorganizing.

It occurs to me that a function is needed, maybe two: one to take the current headline (while typing it) and duplicate it in a new paragraph in the body.  Perhaps it would, at some point of absurdity, be possible to also automatically set a tag to not export the headline.

The second function would be to duplicate the first few words of a line and make a headline above.

I think I can easily make an elisp function to do these things. Does something smarter already exist?

Thank you,

Alan Davis