Re: [O] Bug: Entries with diary-sexps in "scheduled" not exported proper

From: Thomas Plass
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Entries with diary-sexps in "scheduled" not exported properly to calendar file (.ics file)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 22:01:01 +0100

Wanrong Lin wrote at 15:20 on March 26, 2019:
:
: As a work around, do you know if there is a way
: to generate a series of dates / org entries from a diary-sexps? Thanks.

Evaluating those sexp is done in diary-lib.  But it's no use simply
supplying arguments to functions there as they require external setup,
in particular variables such the current DATE (mon day year), itself
coming from calendar.el.  However, it's exactly such dates that you
are looking for in the first place.  I guess, in your example
(diary-float t 1 2) you might have to loop through all the days of all
months (calendar knows about those) to see whether your sexp evaluates
to something useful.  But I haven't looked at that in detail.

Thomas